6.22.2017

How it fits: Mata Traders Sadie dress in navy ikat

Last season Mata Traders had a cute chambray shift dress that sold out right away and I couldn't find one in my size despite emailing them to track one down like a nerd. 99.9% of Mata's dresses are usually fit and flare style -- and I just don't do that style nowadays so that was the one Mata dress I actually wanted that year. When I saw Mata's lookbook this season, I noticed they had a shift dress (more a-line, really) in a color I'd actually wear so I emailed them to ask for its release date (nerd!). I like Mata Traders as a brand so much that when I notice wardrobe holes that might need to be filled with a new item, I try to focus on their offerings. (This was before I recommitted to buying used, of course. Seriously, I'm not *that* bad at failing at my goals in life.)

Since clothes fit people differently (and because models are typically a certain body type exclusively) I like seeing how dresses fit a range of folks. Therefore, I thought I'd share what this dress looks like on -- a little retail show-and-tell. 

This is the Mata Traders Sadie dress in navy ikat. This is a medium. I think you can see in this late-in-the-day iphone photo that it's a nice, roomy fit. (I believe my boyfriend remarked, "That's a big dress" the first time he saw me wear it.) I'm a little over 5' -- and you can see this is longer on me than it is on the model photo, which means the back of the thighs don't hit the subway seat. \m/

The necklace is Clyde's Rebirth. Annnd that's Cleo to the bottom left. 



4 comments:

  1. I like the dress. Nice and roomy, but the proportions on you are spot-on so it doesn't look oversized. The color looks good on you as well. And that necklace is wonderful, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Yeah, it feels like the top portion fits well enough that the bottom volume seems intentional (I hope)!

      Delete
  2. Cute! I've been looking for A-line dresses, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is comfortable annnnd it fulfills my need for darker colors/patterns so you can't see spills!

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.