2.19.2017

Where to buy leggings now that American Apparel is sunk

I know American Apparel had a lot of issues but I did still use them for some basics (explained here back in 2011).  It took them 6 years to officially sink. And now I find myself down to just one option for leggings (and bike shorts, to wear to my acupuncture and chiro appointments) so I'm sharing it with you guys since a lot of us are probably in the same boat, though you guys probably wear bike shorts for less geriatric reasons. 

I don't need to replace bike shorts or leggings that often, but when I do, I use Maggie's Organics. I find most of their apparel not something I'd wear. Too many ruched things and skirted leggings for me. But! Their basic ankle-length leggings and bike shorts are good. (You guys are on your own with the printed leggings and calf-length leggings, though.) Also their cotton socks are great. 



I have all the reasons I'm happy to shop at Maggie's Organics on my "Where I Buy" page here.

If you shopped at American Apparel for your basics (or non-basics), what did you guys buy there and where are you planning on getting those things instead?

2 comments:

  1. Those "French Roast" leggings might work for me. How opaque are Maggie's leggings?

    I've also been looking at these 70% cotton footless tights on Sock Dreams:

    https://www.sockdreams.com/heather-cotton-footless-tights.html

    They're probably not suited to your purposes, but might help a few dresses transition from winter to spring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty opaque. Not as thick as the American Apparel ones and they have a higher waistband, but a good opaque option if that's what you're looking for.

      I haven't seen those at Sock Dreams - I tend to go for more opaque but those would be cute under dresses where a heathered fabric would work. I'm not sure how much of that I currently have but it is good to know they're an option so thank you for linking to them.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.