1.30.2015

December Vegan Cuts Beauty Box Review

This will be my last Vegan Cuts Beauty Box. I like both the Petit Vour and Vegan Cuts Beauty Boxes but realistically I only "need" one box so I had a make a decision. ($35 on sample size makeup each month is a little ridiculous.) I tend to like the colors I get in the Petit Vour boxes, use more of the stuff they send and it's the smaller and cheaper box (while I'm drowning in so many sample sizes from getting two boxes for so long) so - Petit Vour was the winner.

Therefore I'm am very melodramatically announcing that this is my last review of a Vegan Cuts Beauty Box.

Vcbb


Becca & Mars Lavender Love Mask & Scrub: This wasn't even listed on the inventory card included in the box so I'm guessing it was an extra, like the nail file. It, like most scrubs these days, comes as a powder that you combine with water. How much, you ask? I have no idea! There are no instructions so I had to find their Etsy store to get directions and to figure out what was in the scrub. Not to be outdone by scrubs that instruct you to combine them with a liquid as pedestrian as water, this scrub suggests liquids such as milk, yogurt, carrot juice, olive oil, honey...oh wait, water too. So, I used...water. Anyway, I tried it and it was so abrasive that I actually checked to make sure it wasn't a just body scrub. (It's a scrub and mask so it will still be abrasive when trying to get it off your face.) Will use as a body scrub. 

Bellapierre Cosmetics Copper Brown Polish: Not my favorite polish color; it "read" as metallic black once on. I ended up putting a coat of silver glitter over it to look less goth. The quality of the polish was pretty decent though - it went on well and lasted a decent amount of time though, in this color's case, I kind of wish it hadn't. Would buy other colors by the same brand. You can see the color on me in this post: here.

Delizioso Cream Blush in Outrageous:  I'm not sure if the color is named Outrageous and it's just the only color so far or if the Cream Blush is branded as "Outrageous" (and, also, only one color is available). Seriously, these are things I ask myself ?  Anyway, it's bright pink in the pot. It looks really pigmented when you first apply (think Brett Michaels in Poison) but it blends well. It's a respectable pink blush color and I'm happy to use it. I enjoy creme blush and I am still using the last of my Urban Decay cream blush in Score (which I'd stockpiled before they were bought out by a company that tests on animals). I'd like other color choices in the long run but this is do-able. It has a similar consistency to some whipped moisturizers in the pot.

21 Drops - Essential Oil Blend #18 Sleep: When I get essential oils in beauty boxes I'm dubious. I feel like I have very little use for essential oils. I know I'm crunchy but, come on. There's a limit to my woo woo-ness. I especially hate oils that request you do not apply them to your skin. If I'm getting a beauty box, I expect everything in it to be safe to put upon my person in its designated area. I don't want stuff I have to dab on my pillowcase. So, two things in this oil's favor: 1) apply directly to the skin, 2) it actually made me sleepy. Good job, #18. I don't know if I've fallen victim tot he power of suggestion but my boyfriend has found this vial in our bed because I've fallen asleep with it clutched in my grubby little paws. Others received #09 Focus -- and if #18 Sleep works so well, part of me is infatuated with how productive I could be if I bought #09 Focus? I will let you know if (when?) I spend the $30 on essential oils for productivity.

I cannot withhold this customer review because it's too good (yes, it's in all caps and misspells "concentrate"). This is what I'm missing out on.

I AM A GOLFER AND THE FOCUS BLEND HAS, WITHOUT A DOUBT, IMPROVED BY SCORE BY HELPING ME TO BETTER CONCENRATE ON ALL ASPECTS OF MY GAME! I KEEP IT IN MY GOLF BAG AND INHALE WHEN I NEED AN EXTRA BOOST OF FOCUS.

North Coast Organics All Natural Spray Lotion: I have used NCO's Death by Lavender deodorant and liked the product so I was happy to try another of NCO's products. What is spray lotion, you ask? This seems to be an oil-based lotion (it separates in the vial), that is dispensed by a pump. It feels like an oil vs a highly absorb-able hand lotion. Nice lavender smell, if you like that thing. However, too oily for me to be interested in! Sorry, NCO! 

Vegan Cuts Nail File: It's always nice to have an extra nail file around.

Overview: Liked the cream blush, liked the essential oils. No thanks on the polish color (but the brand is decent) and the spray lotion. 

1 comment:

  1. i got a free essential oil/homeopathic thing for insomnia last week and have used it four nights and fall asleep immediately. i feel like you do, is it actually working or am i just thinking it will. i have a hard time falling asleep usually though, so i don't know!
    i keep getting tempted by these boxes, but i'm a bodycare buyer for whole foods so i get so much free beauty stuff i never use already. but i love mail!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.