10.30.2014

That 10 Pound Problem is Solved

I've spent most of my spare time doting on a ferocious rescued tabby kitten lately (see Instagram evidence) so I haven't been all that present here.  Simone now rules my life and likely will until I get her adopted.  Her spay appointment isn't until the 11th though so she'll be with us for a little while longer.

The last time I checked in I was trying to size-up some of my wardrobe by "buying used" -- less impact, more time searching, whatever.  I did find one pair of pants that I still need to get hemmed, although I'm still not sure about the fit.  It was frustrating to dig through racks for an immediate need and I was tired of feeling bad about myself for a big-f'n-deal 10 pounds.  And then I just decided to get a number of American Apparel tent and babydoll dresses (some of vintage fabrics) and call it a day.  It's not my proudest moment but I just couldn't mentally deal with it any longer.  At least I'll be able to use them once the weight is off - and if it never comes off now, who cares?


I wore this to:  
work and then see The Dark Crystal 
on fan night at BAM, nerd-style

photo.JPG
American Apparel tent dress
Mata Traders silver Global Echo necklace (c/o Mata Traders)

jao tent dress and babydoll dress aa

8 comments:

  1. Oh lady. I hear you. I recently dieted and lost ten pounds, but am still 5-10 pounds north of where I'd like to be (those pounds show when you are really short, like me). When I am a little rounder in the middle, I also like looser tops, but have to be careful because I also have a bit of a chest and babydoll tops plus boobs = maternity wear... and I'm not pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also short so I can empathize! I have been focusing on looser tops but I don't think I'm busty so it works out okay for me for now.

      Delete
  2. More power to you, lady. So glad you're healthy and functioning again, and that you've found a versatile solution to your wardrobe woes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a heart of gold! Ten pounds over is better than ten pounds under. Glad you're doing better! Love your Instagram!

    ♥ carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree - I would so rather be over than under-weight! Totally right! xo

      Delete
  4. I have stretchy skirts for my up-times. No matter how hard I try to stay consistent (exercising, trying to keep steady with diet) I go up-and-down about 10 pounds. This is why I avoid jeans since they have less give. Stretchy things all the way for now :P I also put anything I feel uncomfortable in at the moment in a box at the top of the closet and switch everything back out once the weight's "down" again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's smart! I wonder if my weight will go back and forth now. I used to be fairly steady (I think) so I'm curious!

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.