9.04.2014

Yes, it's actually the end of summer, somewhat predictably.

Everyone is talking about the end of summer like the sky is falling. I actually missed most of spring and summer because I was so sick. On one hand, I am a bitter spoiled brat about this. Summer is my favorite season.  Outside! My birthday! More outside! Beach! Parks! Day trips! Whatnot! And on the other more gracious hand, I am just grateful that I only lost the summer.  I never got a conclusive diagnosis (there are strong suspicions) and I'm almost back to normal. There are many people who have what I had for life.  But of course it doesn't stop me from thinking expletives when people complain that summer is ending.  At least you had a summer, person. And then I have to remind myself to be grateful again. 
 
 I wore this to:  work, food co-op shopping


photo.JPG 
shirt/American Apparel (older)
necklace/Clyde's Rebirth
skirt/Mousevox Vintage
shoes/Cri de Coeur

Apparently I did a bang-up job increasing my caloric intake since I surpassed my previous winter weight and am now over that.  I didn't realize it until I put on this skirt and ouch, man.  I don't care about a few extra pounds but it's a bummer when clothes don't fit comfortably any longer. 

4 comments:

  1. So glad to read that you are close to "normal" again. Food-wise. Hopefully anything else stays wonderfully "not-normal". Let's stay weird! For me, far too many people on this planet are normal. I hope that you will recover completely. All the very very best, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, I prefer to stay abnormal. xo

      Delete
  2. You look lovely, but I know what you mean. And when you're short, a few pounds easily means a full size or two. I'm up about 7-10 pounds right my myself. We'll just enjoy a little extra ladylike curve for a bit until things regulate. Mine also comes as a result of (different, but also ongoing) medical issues. Wishing you continued good health, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. I hope you are okay? Yes, the extra weight definitely is pushing me into a larger size so I'm just trying to ride it out with flowy stuff until it goes back to where it was before this whole health debacle started.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.