3.02.2014

Reconnecting: Life Lately

It's been a rough start to 2014 and I've been blogging less so far because of it.  Sometimes real life just gets in the way of updating here - and that is a bummer.  Where that doesn't happen is Instagram, which is so much easier to keep up with and "micro-blog" (if you chose to accept micro-blogging as a real thing).  To warm up this space again, I'm putting up a round up of some pictures that are already on Instagram (blogger taboo, I know but "too bad, so sad" and all.) Hopefully we'll be back to a normal posting schedule in no time at all.


Two "new" old brooches
^
 Brooches


Benny, a friendly stray who just appeared on the
snowy street one day.  I was able to get
him into a great Adoption Center and
- he was adopted just 4 days later!  Yes!
^
Benny


A few days in Savannah, GA where there
was no snow and I wore a dress with no tights!
{In terms of sustainable fashion, I've had this dress
for years; I wear it a lot and it's still going strong.}
^
Outfit


An effort to dress up basics with
a necklace from Beacon's Closet
^
Outfit


February's Vegan Cuts Beauty Box -
really liked the Medusa Lipstick and
the Greenbody natural deodorant is good, too.
^
Vcbb


Another February Vegan Cuts Beauty Box
item, lemongrass soy candle (that mostly
smelled like lemon - but I liked it anyway)
^
Candle 


Before DIY - February Crafternoon
at my apartment (no, it's not a Hummel)
^
Blog


After DIY - February Crafternoon
^
Blog


New necklace from Mata Traders, swap ring
and LA Eyeworks glasses made in Italy.
{Mata Traders is a fair trade company that also sells apparel}
^
Blog


I organized some of my brooch collection
^
Blog


Stopped by Flirt to try on some Emily G dresses
which are hand-made in Brooklyn
^
Blog

Until later, when hopefully I'll have a "February" Ethical Fashion Goal blog post about the most responsible ways to pass on unwanted clothing.

7 comments:

  1. Yay for Benny getting a home! So glad you scooped him up.

    I enjoyed your update. It's not always easy to keep the blog posts coming but that's okay.

    I'm glad you got to enjoy a bit of nice weather. I was in Savannah last May and I know the exact spot where your picture was taken! I may even have pictures of those old police cars :)

    At first I thought, "Oh no! She's going to ruin a Hummel." Glad you clarified. I'm not a fan of Hummels but I know they resale for a pretty penny.

    Glad you're well. I'm off to the Emily G site to check out some dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny - I never would have thought to make that Hummel disclaimer if not for the IG comments!

      Yes, I was so happy with the way things turned out for Benny. I hope he has a wonderful life ahead of him.

      I'm hoping to get a black Emily G dress - I like the white floral one they had but I can't do white.

      Delete
  2. Oh yay for Benny! That is GREAT. Hope whatever it is that is making things rough, starts to ebb for you. I mean...it's bound to :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah I am so happy about Benny's new lease on life. I hope he has a great life! Thanks for the kind words re life stuff. I think they will, too - and I agree, it's bound to. The only thing constant is change!

      Delete
  3. I am loving the craft-up to those figurines!!!! Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We definitely stole the idea from Etsy and Pinterest but it was pretty easy and that's the kind of crafting I am better with. I can't do anything too time intensive or skill intensive. I know my limits.

      Delete
  4. I would love to add any expanded through you may have on the GREENBODY into the press section of my website. Thank you for sharing such a lovely post. Hope your life has reconnected in all the ways you were seeking.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.

{comment moderation is ON to avoid the horrendous amounts of spam Blogger keeps letting through!}