11.07.2013

Vegan style: Motley Autumn

I'm still alive, in case you were wondering.  I haven't been doing all that many outfit pictures because I'm short on time and also because I've been dressing like a hobo.  The more I tell myself I'll dress like a professional at work, the more I dress like I did when I was 22.  I'm almost 40, guys.  Am I never going to enjoy dressing like a grown-up?

First of all, I finally got the LA Eyeworks frames I bought in Portland filled with my horrible glasses prescription.  Here is an embarrassingly large photo of my face with said glasses.  I love them.  They were made in Italy and I care not about the allure that Italy carries for some but their decent labor standards, which is the only reason I mention it.

Glasses


And now, some random outfits.  All vegan, as per usual.

Outfit
sweater, dress / resale shops
leggings / american apparel
shoes, scarf, sunglasses / presumably sweatshop

Denim - outfit
denim vest / resale shop
pins / gifts, vintage or small pin companies
black boys' hoodie / very old sweatshop

Outfit
dress / bought from une vie geniale
leggings / american apparel
shoes / neuaura 


Outfit
shirt / american apparel
skirt, necklace / resale shop
tights / maggie's organics
shoes / neuaura 

 Old lady necklace detail below - it was from Buffalo Exchange
but I'm not sure if it was overstock or surplus or new or what; 
it was the only one they had but it looked new.

Outfit


My new thing for fall is trying to wear pants more often.  I like to keep up with the seasonal trends.  I've transitioned into wearing socks, also.  Try to keep up with me, people.  Just try.

5 comments:

  1. I love the glasses! They are super cool. But anything would look good on that gorgeous face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, our club is so big. Dressing like a grown-up? No way. Almost forty and still rocking the prairie dress? Yay. Love your outfits. And your four-eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those glasses are so great! i love a colored frame. i wear red glasses most of the time, and i love them. though sometimes i worry i look too much like bruce valance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, I'm the opposite right now. I feel like I live in pants :( and worse, now that I lost a little bit of weight, none fit me. I have 2 jeans and 2 pants that I wear regularly cause that's all that fits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, it's me again. ALSO, you may have already done this, but can you do a house tour for those of us who see a spot of original amazing hardwood or cute molding or awesome rugs in the background of cute you, and literally wonder for days how beautiful, charming, and creative your home must be? [Longest question ever.]

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.

{comment moderation is ON to avoid the horrendous amounts of spam Blogger keeps letting through!}