5.13.2013

Outfit: Leopard, Wild Cow and Tyvek

Hey y'all!  I just got back from a week-long trip to Nashville so I can say "y'all" unabashedly.  I'm basically a southerner now.  I also received two "Bless your heart" comments during a mani-pedi.  I have seen that Sh%t Southern Women Say video so I know what that really meant.  If you're ever in Nashville, please go to Wild Cow and get the Beans and Greens over quinoa and send me a thank you email later.  (Thanks to Rae from Say It Ain't So for the Wild Cow recommendation!  Maybe send her a thank you email, too.)

I wore this to a Breakfast for Dinner vegan dinner party.  We brought strawberry waffles and cashew cream topping.  And I ate a lot of carbs and sugar -- seitan on puff pastry with gravy, savory biscuits, quiches, pear and chocolate tart, etc.  Dinner of champions.  (Health Vegans are cussing me out right now.)

button-down/swap
vintage sweater/Etsy
leggings/American Apparel
shoes/Unstitched Utility*

I'll mention the Unstitched Utility shoes in my Wartime Wardrobe Challenge update for April, which should be up soon.  They are recycled materials and vegan which fulfills two of my three concerns when shopping.  I've emailed them for information regarding their labor practices.

UPDATE - Unstitched Utilities' labor practices:  "Our shoes are made in small factories in China and Vietnam. We have a long time friend who oversees labor/factories and lives in Asia.  He is constantly checking these issues for us"   Thank you for getting back to me, Unstitched Utilities!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Jesse! I work for Unstitched Utilities and just saw this post! We actually emailed you back 2x, I wonder if it got stuck in your spam?? I’ve noticed it does that sometimes! Please let me know. Shoes look good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again for reaching out a second time after I didn't get the first email! This blog entry is updated with that information. Thank you for being so responsive and transparent!

      Delete
  2. i'm glad you liked the wild cow! we haven't been lately, but we have been going to rose pepper across the street, but getting some vegan queso from wild cow first, then getting waffle fry nachos. ugggggh it is so goooooood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of glad I didn't know about that then!

      Delete
  3. oh dear, what was so unfortunate you got your heart blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, I think that I was from Brooklyn/NYC? I think the second one was that I worked for an animal welfare agency?

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.