4.11.2013

Yonkers or Bust

I'm still going through a period where I can't give two effs about putting clothes on in any premeditated, adult way.  Every morning I wake up and think, "Man, I need a daily uniform of coveralls.  None of this 2, 3 pieces stuff."  The only thing stopping me is that I can't wear coveralls to work.  I expect spring (real spring) will snap me out of this malaise.

Until then, and because (I hope) spring is on it's way, I figured I'd show you my Vaute Couture Emily and that Baggu duck tote in action, out in the real world.  Here they are in Yonkers!  Yes, Yonkers.  Have you ever had vague disparaging thoughts about an area you've never been to?  (New Jersey, perhaps?)  And you know there is a reason why you're not supposed to like it...but you can't remember exactly why?  That was Yonkers for me.


Yonkers

Yonkers


Some of Yonkers was lovely -- deer, a boardwalk and waterfall, wooded paths.  And some of it was worse than New Jersey -- trash lots, fighting kids and dead cats on the sidewalk.

7 comments:

  1. Not to diss on Yonkers but... ugh. Yonkers.

    Really, I'm just still bitter that my parents never took me to the Westchester County Fair. I feel like, when I die, that is the commercial that will be playing in the background, jingle unchanged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god. I never got to go either. Nor the nirvana named the Young People's Day Camp: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=5DpQpCuJ0DE

      Somehow I always equate the Young People's Day Camp commerical with the Children's Aide Society theme song, though. (I'm reeeallly glad they made...the Children's Aiiiiide...Sociiiiiiiety!)

      Delete
    2. Man, what an earwig. Thanks for that. RIDES AND ATTRACTIONS! NON-STOP ACTION! atthewestchestercountyfair!

      Delete
    3. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING UP THE CHILDREN'S AIDE SOCIETY? I thought that I buried it deeply twenty years ago but it literaly just came flooding back in all of it's Channel 9 glory.

      Delete
    4. Currently falling into a long lost memory hole. The WOR Community Calendar makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I can sense being very small and my dad getting ready for work.

      Delete
  2. A uniform would be so much easier. I've been so busy lately that would be nice. And these are lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I know Tim Gunn insists we all need a "sweatshirt alternative" or some basic thing that makes us look presentable for those days (or, lives, in my case) but I don't even have the brain cells to remember what that might be for me.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.