2.04.2013

Wartime Wardrobe - January 2013 Update

My first month on the Wartime Wardrobe Challenge has come to a close and I have used exactly 0 frickin' coupons.  None.  Cero.  The only two things I purchased were vintage/re-use from other bloggers online.  Picture me doing the victory clasp, repeatedly.  That is totally wartime-like, right?  I love a good victory clasp.


Exhibit A:  from Mel @ Une Vie Geniale {$20!}


8346215951_9752e51de0_z




Exhibit B:  from Kennedy Holmes' Etsy store {$22, acrylic}

sweater




Exhibit C:  6 or 7 items from a swap {free!}

(picture is representational; these are not the real swap items)

Swap @ Launchpad


My success is less a result of willpower as it is of happenstance.  January was a miserable month.  My poor grandfather, who had been sick for a while, passed.  I got a 7-day flu.  I basically spent a lot of time being sad or immobile...or sad and immobile.

Let's hope I can continue this success in February but sans the sadness and immobility. Maybe even with plenty of joy and mobility.  Dare I dream?

8 comments:

  1. Whoa, I'm sorry your January was so terrible. Losing a grandparent is awful.

    That first top/blouse/why do these words sound so dorky was a steal! Wikipedia says of the victory clasp, "Both hands are clasped together and shaken side to side for as long as the victory merits." So, you may still be clasping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. Here's to a better February. I will be posting my roundup tomorrow, also 0 coupons spent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss.

    I didn't even realize I hadn't bought any clothing in January 2013! I wonder how long I can keep that up for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about your loss. And that your January in general was horrible. Here's to a short and hopefully easier February.
    I heart that first top/tunic. It is so Jesse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesse-Anne, sorry to hear that January has been a sad month. I echo your sentiment: may February be just as restrained but more jolly and mobile!

    PS - All for victory clasps. Over in these part we would probably go with the victory sign but the sentiment is the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your first month of success in the challenge and no signs of retail therapy, even in the face of a grand loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope your February is off to a better start! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was confused when I saw the swap photo at first because I have one of those shirts from you, haha! Then I saw it's not representational.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.

{comment moderation is ON to avoid the horrendous amounts of spam Blogger keeps letting through!}