1.03.2013

Baby New Year DIY Tiara

Inspired by Rookie's Crown of Love and a riot grrrl past, I decided to DIY my New Year's Eve tiara this year.  Last year I was lazy and went for the fiber optic retail version.

I always really liked the idea of Baby New Year existing on New Year's Eve so I decided to feature Baby New Year in my New Year's Eve tiara.  I wasn't able to successfully convince anyone to don an Old Man Time-themed top hat or a reasonable facsimile so I went it alone.

I'm sharing it here in case you, too, want a head full of kitsch for future holidays.

Baby New Year!

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG 




 aerial view:
(ignore the MySpace pose; I had to tilt my head down)

photo.JPG




and in action, with Sunjo, who never blogs these days:

Nye 

 *Supplies * 
1 gray headband
2 silver pipe-cleaners
1 gold pipe-cleaner
mini Kewpie doll with hollow legs
a tiny piece of paper for baby banner

Time:  10 minutes

Skill level:  Novice!

4 comments:

  1. That is one sweet assed tiara.
    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love stylerookie too! Great tiara, will definitely consider making a similar one next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah, I LOVE THIS! Love the myspace pose too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.

{comment moderation is ON to avoid the horrendous amounts of spam Blogger keeps letting through!}