10.08.2012

Smelling Fruity, Cruelty-Free*

Let's do the time warp again...and just pretend I was here all along.  For the past few days I've been working off-site wearing work logo-gear.  Before that I was been too busy with work to look presentable.  The only thing of interest I can present to you that I'm "wearing" is:


pacifica

I've written about Pacifica before - how they're a vegan brand and what their definition of "local" means

I have also tried their lip balms since that post - they taste weird and didn't have any colors I liked but to each their own.  I still enjoy their solid perfumes though.  The metal product tins are reusable or recyclable.

My life should calm down mid-month so until then please expect 0 brain cells and limited blog content.

* I know "cruelty-free" is a loaded term and almost nothing is manufactured without impacting something else -- examples:  waste materials, resources for transport, etc.  But it's a nice shorthand for not being tested on animals or containing animal or animal by-products in the ingredients.  I just didn't want you to think I am one of those people that think everything vegan is so perfect and pure.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. I'm just finishing up some blood orange tea from Spices and Tease and if this smells anything like it, it is probably perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse, thanks for posting this! I wear Tuscan Blood Orange and Tibetan Mountain Temple, but there are no stores within an hour of me that carry Pacifica. Your post prompted me to visit their site (for the first time in months), where I learned that they now carry sample sizes of most solid perfumes!

    My day has been made.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.