8.23.2012

Wash Ave Rocks - Local Fashion Catwalk

Last weekend while strolling around Brooklyn, we ran into the Wash Ave Rocks street fair (near my favorite Brooklyn place to get vegan ice cream), which included a local business fashion show and a steel drum band.  This was almost enough to assuage my sadness over missing the double dutch show that happened earlier in the day.  Almost.  Clothes are pretty great but double dutch is amazing.

It was a nice mix of wearable and HOLY SHI!T although I guess one person's HOLY SH!T is another person's wearable, as the saying goes.


Lady J+1's show was the most "wearable" (for me) because it was a little '40s and '50s. It also didn't have leggings as pants and insanely impressive wire sculptures in hairdos.


Wash rocks



Now, on to some of the more adventurous (store and stylist credits at the end).  

Okay, this one was "wearable" - I loved it.  I thought she had the cutest outfit there with the best hair in the world.  (And I can't review clothes without sounding like an improv skit about people in fashion?)  If I show up in future blog posts with a maxi-pomp, do not be surprised.  (Maybe don't use "maxi-pomp" - I googled it to see if it was already a term.  And it was.  But for pr0n.)

Wash rocks



Tie dye is starting to grow on me [below]

Wash rocks

Wash rocks



If I had to vote on Most Fantastical Outfit I'd
Wear in My Dreams, this one would be it.
Black & studs! And that wire topper
would be so comfortable. But also a weapon. [below]

Wash rocks



I just liked the blonde and the sequins on this one [below].

Wash rocks 



 This was one of the most popular.
I think she looks awesome but a lot of people
cheered for Mike.  And he had the least amount of clothes on.
[below]

Wash rocks

Wash rocks




Clothes are are from one of the following:
AweDacity! Boutique
Shaz Gallery

There was also some kickass hair going on from:
Idalias Salon & Beauty Bar and Nu Wave Kultural Kreations. 

1 comment:

  1. haha, loved this post. Laughing cos Mike got the cheers...and I agree with you the girl looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.