So, what are the good things lately?
- Olivia's groomer left her with tiny hairy boots, which repeatedly puts Fairies Wear Boots in my head (and there are worse things than a Black Sabbath earwig); Olivia is my long hair black cat
- I just bought Alison Bechdel's Are You My Mother?
- A friend reminded me of my old nickname, "cats n' tats"
- I finally finished reading Just Kids
- Offset Warehouse did a post on whether wool is an ethical textile; they mentioned some of the animal welfare issues (routinely & purposefully removing strips of skin when shearing; being shipped off to halal butchers when they're "done") in two bullet points at the very end but the whole thing was an interesting read - although perhaps best reposted in the winter months?
On to the ethical outfit scorecard bit for what I managed to commit to camera:
skirt/vintage, flea market
necklace/part sweatshop, park found objects
shirt/probably sweatshop concert shirt
skirt/deconstructed dress bottom, swap
sandals/sweatshop but resoled and from 2009
Orko, wood pile in NJ, 1998
Overall, not too bad. All vegan, of course. I started feeling like a textbook case of folks who only use 20% of their closets so my concession to remedy this was pulling out that Cult shirt and that denim skirt I never wear...but that look like everything else I wear all the time.