6.12.2012

Sock Buns for Short Hair

I outed myself as a sock-bun wearer to my hairdresser last week when I was trying to impress upon her that I really needed to keep some length.  I used it in exasperation.  "I can't even get a full bun any longer.  I've been using a SOCK BUN."  She had no idea what it was and I explained it as a Bumpit for buns.  Then I said, "Seriously, you don't know what that is?  Do you even have the internet?"  (I love my hairdresser so I promise I was only joshing her.)

Also I look like this when I am at the salon so, how seriously can you take me?

photo 1.JPG

In talking hair with some pals, I realized they also didn't know what a sock bun was.  It was one of those moments where you realize your point of reference is so skewed from reading blogs that you share more points of reference with internet friends than your real friends sometimes.

Anyway, for those of you, like me, who have shortie locks and want to wear a sock in your hair - this Say Yes to Hoboken tutorial is for you.

Or, if you like video, the first 3 minutes of this tutorial are for you.

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen this tutorial. I've seen a million others though ha. I am going to try this way tonight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, all of the other ones I've seen are for super super long hair. I think I ended up doing it this way because of a Goody bun-maker I bought a while ago. The package instructions are essentially these tutorials, except the Goody one comes with a weird sponge-like thing instead of using a sock.

      Delete
    2. Also, let me know how it works out for you.

      Delete
  2. Ok, I have to try this. Since my hair isn't very thick, it could work well. Will update you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This worked wonders! I even got option 2 to work on my shoulder length, thin hair! Thank you! My bun now looks full and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.

{comment moderation is ON to avoid the horrendous amounts of spam Blogger keeps letting through!}