6.13.2012

(Outfit) New Teenage Besties, in 4 Panels

Here we were, just trying to get one phone picture of this dress I wore to my friend's wedding in Manhattan, and I ended up with these. I know I said I was going to keep all clothing documentation to one post per week but this series was too good not to post on its own.

Looks like a regular picture.
photo 2.JPG


These kids one-up me with their awesomeness.
photo 1.JPG


They notice a "camera"
photo 2.JPG


Besties.
photo 3.JPG 

The kid to my left told me I looked very pretty before they left.  Which was nice of him but I usually can't take girly compliments without feeling like the anti-feminist (despite looking like Donna Reed here) so I politely said, "Oh, thanks!  I think you look pretty too."  And he said, "Thanks, I try."  Which was very sweet.

Clearly both the dress and bag are vintage but I cannot recall where I got either.  I've had the dress since my friends got married about 7 years ago.  And I've worn it to three weddings so far. (All vegan, of course - the shoes were Beyond Skin but cut off.  Boo.)

13 comments:

  1. I love this! and that dress is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable- dress, bag, you, and the boys. Love everything about this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are so much fun! Great dress, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny! And kinda nice!

    I didn't know you had so many tattoos. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! Too funny!

    You look absolutely gorgeous. Your dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress as usual. Those boys had the right idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl!
    i just went through pages of your blog ; we def need to be friends!!!
    ok? ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best. You do look great. And are witty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best outfit photo series ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the last photo...and you look so nice in the Donna Reed dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg, reasons i love ny...bold kids :). dress looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm crazy late on this but I just wanted to echo everyone else: The BEST. Love the dress, love your new besties, love your tattoos (they make the dress look extra cool)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so funny! I love that you told him he looks pretty too

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.