4.30.2012

Roundup

I've decided to combine all outfit posts into one weekly post.  I thought about nixing outfit posts but they're helpful in keeping me accountable and to provide a herstory (couldn't resist) of ethical fashion/curbing consumption progress.  I am kind of over posting them as the primary content here...but that means I actually have to post content so we'll see how that goes. 

I wore this to:
- work
- food co-op shop
Untitled 
shirt/American Apparel 
skirt/sweatshop 
shoes/Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Melissas 

I wore this to: 
- work
- attend community meeting on contra-flow bike lane
photo.JPG 
 Last worn here 
dress/PS Beacon's Closet, resale 
shoes/Cri de Coeur-Hearts of Darkness 
tights/American Apparel 

Outfit scorecard:  Overall a  little reused, a little American-made, a little new "sweatshop-free" and a little sweatshop.  Mixed bag.  The only new items are the shoes.  Everything is vegan.

3 comments:

  1. The purple tights peaking out of the Cri de Coeur shoes looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lauren--I love the tights with the new shoes and the interesting contrast with the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love that thrifted dress. I used to do outfit post in a roundup situation, I kind of forget why I stopped now.

    P to the S- I'm having a giveaway right now from fair trade shop MarketPlace India for $100 to their shop...they are a wonderful company actually one of the founding members of the Fair Trade Federation and I wanted to make sure you got the memo it's a store right up your alley: http://www.made-to-travel.com/2012/04/20/marketplace-handwork-of-india-100-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.