4.05.2012

Juvi Jumper

I wore this to:
- meeting 1
- meeting 2
- meeting 3
- impromptu meeting 4
- impromptu meeting 5
- impromptu meeting 6
- dinner with coworkers

Even when some of your meetings are about cats, it's still not fun to have to meet with 6 different parties in one day. It would have been better if the 6 different parties were 6 different cats, though. That is my kind of day.

pinafore
dress/thrifted
shirt/sweatshop
tights/maggie's organics
shoes/from sunjo!

This outfit is like a Reese's peanut butter cup: the shirt and dress are better together. The shirt was a closet orphan going on 2 years. And last week my judgement of pinafore dresses as like soooo totally juvenile finally waned. I caved. It happens. "Two great tastes that taste great together." (Except this outfit is vegan whereas a Reese's peanut butter cup, much to my horrific disappointment, is not.)

Outfit scorecard (animals, people, earth): No animal hairs or hides. Dress is reused. Shirt is sweatshop but in my defense I held onto it forever until I could figure out how to wear it; I'm trying to be more loyal to the clothes I have instead of just buying new stuff. Tights are organic cotton blend and fair trade. Shoes are a vegan brand and have decent labor practices (Beyond Skin).

Hopefully work will stop ruling my life soon and I can waste time on the innernettes as much as I want in the very near future. Until then, light a candle for me.

6 comments:

  1. It would be nice if cats were required to attend all meetings I had to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really selling me on this idea of clear glasses, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that style of dress, too. i don't think it looks too youthful if you class it up. and you're classy all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually still like pinafore dresses and I'm far too old for them. I have one that I wear ONCE a year that I keep trying to put in the donation pile and I keep dragging it back out. Days of meetings are my least favorite aspect of my job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful, and the dress is super cute. I don't know about meetings ABOUT cats, but meetings WITH cats - I think I'd like those. Had dinner at a restaurant today and got to thinking how cool it would have been if we could have brought our cats with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's good to be a loyalist to your clothing. No judgement there! And holy crapola if I had six meetings in a day is quite a day! I think your pinafore dress is not juvenile completely classic in my opinion.

    And the internettes will be here when you have time! So go ahead and live your life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.