12.20.2011

DIY: A Swan of a Different Color

One of my goals has been to try to bring back the DIY in my life. Back in the day, I used to draw and "craft" (hate that as a verb) and zine all the live-long day. Now I don't do any of it. And honestly - it blows.

After seeing this key necklace tutorial, I decided I wanted to try something similar with a ring holder. You know, the ring holders that you always see at the resale shops - the omnipresent ring holders?

So this:





Turned into this:

ringholder DIY

I was invited to a vegan ladies holiday brunch hosted by my friend, S, that included a gift swap. The parameters for the swap were (quite thoughtfully) handmade or vintage. (Okay, seriously? My favorite swap idea ever.) I was bringing a pair of vintage drinking glasses anyway but this ended up being part of the gift.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy I got it, I love it! And I totally knew you would "get" the swap and follow the directions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got given one of those (sans paint) when i was about 11. You did good!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.