- volunteer at a cat/dog/bunny adoption event in Manhattan
- attend a holiday vegan cookie swap (holy stuffed piehole, Batman!)
- holiday shop
My faaavorite cookies at the swap:
1) Oreos-inside-chocolate chip cookies (Oreos are "accidentally vegan")
2) homemade peppermint patties
3) rocky road clusters (vegan tiny marshmallows, pretzels, peanuts, in dark chocolate)
Yesterday I found out that my blessed angel coworker who makes cookies for our entire agency added a vegan cookie version this year (gingerbread?) and someone grabbed a few for me before they were all gone. Holy f'n mmmmm.
That said, I'm committing to kale salad with tomatoes, tofu and tahini dressing for lunch for the week. With apples as snacks. My body has probably forgotten what to do with green foods at this point.
dress/sweatshop (dress proof here)
boots/hearts of darkness - cri de coeur (rebel)
This is one of the little buddies who was up for adoption this past weekend! Unfortunately this kitty is still at the shelter. Can you believe it?! Due to the economy (and more and more people having to give up their pets), adoptions have slowed for a lot of shelters and rescue groups so if you don't have pets and are thinking about adopting a cat, dog or bunny (or adding on to your current family), now is a great time!