11.06.2011

Movin' on up

I feel like I just got back from my 9 day work trip, scrambling to catch up on office work and now I'm moving from the apartment I have lived in for 7 years to my boyfriend's apartment in a matter of 10 days. No rest for the wicked. (Seriously - as an extracurricular my coworker and I were trapping kittens out of our hotel dumpster until 3am the night before our departure and driving them to the humane society 5 hours later, 4 hours before our flights.)

This picture is from warmer days.


163
shirt/bklyn comics & graphics fest
skirt/american apparel
shoes/sweatshop
bag/wfmu fundraiser tote

I will really miss my neighborhood. The tofu scramble/tofurkey/daiya bagel at Roots Community Cafe. The 6/15 Garden. The boys. (George & Harry have a new feeder.) Green-wood Cemetery. The cardinal family in my yard. My neighbor's cat, Oreo, and the last 2 cats out of 16 that I fixed on my own block. And just running into people I've met over the years on an almost daily basis, hearing what they're up to. I've been here for 7 years and have been a fairly active community member in a few different ways so it's hard to leave.

I won't miss the 2-3 train commute to work or the 10 minute walk to the subway. On ice. Downhill. Or how my apartment is so crooked all my furniture is propped up on wood - or VHS tapes - to keep it level. Or the half hour commute to spend time with my boyfriend. Or the extra half mile to the food co-op.

If you hear even more radio silence from me in the coming two weeks, I'll be packing and moving and unpacking and setting up the new place.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move! Big step! You're going to be a mere 15 minute walk (5 minute bike ride) away. Can we go to Chavela's when the dust settles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finally got a piece of the pie!

    Congratulations on launching into a new adventure. Sad that the adventure requires you to leave old, familiar places and pack, but them's the breaks. Onward and upward, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck on your move! It is so sad moving from a neighborhood you are comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! you're back! wondered where you were. Sounds like a bittersweet move m'dear. And you are looking cute while doing it! Hope it isn't too sad a move for you and that the sad bits are quickly taken over with new happiness. You'll be fine. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man. I hate moving. I hope it goes smoothly for you and that there is little stress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with everything! I just, just moved as well. I felt a lot of fear and anxiety around the move, but now that I'm here, I know it was for the absolute best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe that kitten story! How nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new place! Where you will be living? I will miss being almost neighbors with you! But I hope we can still cross paths soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.