10.03.2011

Bandwagon

I wore this to:
- work
- go to Vegan Drinks

001
jacket/kids' thrift
pins/mostly vintage
dress/Beacon's Closet resale
shoes/sweatshop

I've been noticing a hive-mind towards reliving our hair metal youth lately. Or maybe people are just getting into it for the first time and I'm one of the rare ones who'd like to relive my hair metal youth. Denim vests abound these days and I am no exception. Mine was from 50% at the Bklyn thrift store so $3.50 isn't a bad price to pay for nostalgia.

metal_hs


I will not, however, relive stretch pants as pants. Even if they're Lip Service Axl Rose daggar leggings. (Okay, maybe that would be the one exception.)

5 comments:

  1. It's to do with thrash & black metal right now hair metal? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I've been noticing a hive-mind towards reliving our hair metal youth lately."

    Ah, I figured the pendulum would swing away from flat-ironed hair eventually. My hair is naturally very fluffy and weightless; too bad I hacked it off before it could pass for stylish.

    $3.50 is a great price for nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh please please please i beg the hair gods to bring it back. as you well know, i cannot do smooth to save myself. Big and hairspray however, comes naturally. That is a cute dress, what i can see of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. comes naturally. That is a cute dress, what i can see of it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.