7.24.2011

Christmas in July

I wore this to:
- go feed my feral cats in 103 degree weather
- get an iced coffee in 103 degree weather
- stop by a stoop sale in 103 degree weather
- find out Amy Winehouse died while @ a stoop sale in 103 degree weather
- park my a$$ indoors all day

When it is 103 degrees, I will resort to wearing shorts I normally reserve for the confines of my own apartment and take to bandanas like an auto mechanic.

When the stoop sale guy looked up from his phone and exclaimed, "Amy Winehouse died!" my response was, unbelievably, "Was it an OD?" Who would even put a question mark on that? It's sad but not surprising news.

Look what I got at the stoop sale!
Do you know what it is?

009
shirt/stoop sale
bandana, shorts & flip flops/sweatshop

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment! gugh this weather is the WORST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a cookie press! Hells yeah! My grandmother had a huge one and, since she was a very, very petite woman, watching her use it was always good for a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 103? 103? ahh!! Don't think I would have left my spot parked in from of a fan and ice cold lemonade. I'm thinking of the kitties too poor lil' guys! I hope it cools off for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what was the weather like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest outfit! Bandana even! I wonder if your 103 day happened on our 2 deg celsius day...when it snowed here. Which NEVER happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if your 103 day happened on our 2 deg celsius day...when it snowed here. Which NEVER happens.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.