6.15.2011

My @#%#$!$ Plate

I wore this to:
- get excited about the USDA's new "food pyramid", MyPlate
- work

It remedies my previous peeve! Finally, "meats" is not right smack in the middle of it and "protein" is. It's beyond frustrating to know you have a clean bill of health after not eating meat for 20 years but yet seeing it on that dang pyramid as a recommendation. Even when research is popping up all over to avoid it for the sake of your body and the environment. So, finally! Thank you, USDA, for letting me choose my own protein.



And fruits and vegetables make up half the plate. PCRM looked at what the plate says, and where all the USDA money goes...and it's not to fruits and vegetables. Things that make you go hmmm. Or things that make you go It figures and we've been pointing that out for-ever.

010
shirt/swap
belt/pineapple mint vintage present

skirt/beacon's closet, tailored

flats/sweatshop retail

ray bans/found

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jesse.
    Thanks for the comment on my blog.

    I'm not sure what kind of dogs overpopulated here, I'm assuming pitbulls too! We rescued a pit/boxer mix a few years ago, and in the search there were tons of pitty mixes. There are some cool pitbull organizations here too... I believe it's rescue pits.org?

    The whole time we were looking, we only saw 1 golden retriever and had obviously had a rough go of things, as he was a very unhappy aggressive dog.

    Anyways, thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to see the new plate too. : )

    Love that belt!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.