6.28.2011

"Everyone knows what this one is! Squash!"*

I wore this to:
- work
- okay this was a long time ago so I can't remember

004
shirt/american apparel
skirt/vintage, gift from S
shoes/sweatshop retail
pin/vintage

007


Also, did you NYC folks get in on local strawberry season?
It's the best. Tiny, sweet and tart.
Take that, California!

local strawberries

I've been avoiding the left coast berries due to cooties in an effort to focus on local produce offerings. So I almost rolled out the red carpet when I saw our right coast berries. If by "rolled out the red carpet" I mean "willing to pay $5 per tiny carton" then yes, I did that.

{*Title courtesy of Dr. Steve Brule, your green grocer.}

11 comments:

  1. mmm berries. That's one thing about the East coast - you've go to enjoy your local fruits & veggies while you can ... out here we have strawberries most of the year...I"d like to try growing some on our little patio :)

    hehe Steve Brule! I don't think Icould stop lauging after seeing 'Ice cubes'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did the same here when I saw them at the farmers market. Too excited! They sure were great on my oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! You look so cute in the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is adorable! I've also been buying local strawberries by the carton, and we've never had them long enough for them to go bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful beautiful skirt! NZ strawberries are also far and few between, even in season. They start at 6$ a punnet at the start of summer, then go down to bout $2 a punnet. The strawberry season doesn't last long here though. Blueberries however, are a flippin industry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been obsessed with strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the giant monster strawberries give me the heebie jeebies. I refuse to eat them. Trader Joes always seems to have the best. I'm actually trying to grow them now. Still waiting on the first bud though. Gosh it would be amazing to have a backyard to grow more. I'm growing them out of planters right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, the other day I noticed our tomato had come from Canada, this made me really mad. I think my bf bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If there is anything positive about living in upstate NY, the countless pick-yourself strawberry fields would be it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful skirt! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic pictures! oh and those strawberries looks so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.