5.21.2011

Links a la Mode - quotes, scarves and the French

Just to recap for those of you who don't know, Links a la Mode is a group on Independent Fashion Bloggers Network. People submit a link and the editors pick 20 links - everyone who is part of this group posts the links to their blogs.

A few of you have commented on the choices in the links list before so I'm just letting you know I didn't pick them out myself, but (while I read them all) I am bolding the ones I find most interesting!

Also, this time I fixed the apostrophe missing from the title! And the five ellipses.

Your Blog's Perfect Accessory: Brilliant Pictures

Edited by Denimology

As I was selecting my posts for this weeks Links A La Mode, I realized how important it is to have attractive and original images in your posts. I noticed that I would open a post and close it promptly if the images looked rather... what's the word... meh.


Here is how to have your blog posts chosen by me [Denimology] for LALM:



  • Images Are The Main Course -- A great image will draw in your reader. The image might be beautiful, odd, heartwarming, instructive or just curiosity-provoking, so long as it keeps the reader wanting to read your post.

  • Don't Forget To Use an Image -- It’s better to use a generic image than no image at all but ultimately your image should represent what the subject of your post is about.

  • High Quality Images Are Best -- We've all heard the saying "Pictures speak a thousand words", but in the blogging world they speak even more. Adding HQ pictures to a blog post will visually stimulate your readers and help them identify with you, the writer.

  • Resize Your Images -- While images can make your blog looked polished and professional, having images that hang over into the margins or that are cut off is sloppy blogging.



Links à la Mode: May 19th


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.