3.08.2011

Fruity Pebbles

I wore this to:
- work, forever
- take car to boyfriend's place for dinner @ 1am


003
cardigan/Brklyn thrift
5yo sweatshop retail shirt
sweatshop retail jeans
OTBD org cotton boots w/recycled tired soles
odette rabbit necklace


001

I found this Talbot's Petites cardigan at a Brooklyn thrift store and it put a spell on me. I'm not sure how else I can explain it because I couldn't put it down. It's a ridiculous cardigan and akin to an appliqued Christmas sweater but yet...here I am.

And not one person made comment that they thought it was weird. This either means they expect me to wear some Golden Girls wardrobe rejects or it's not actually that noticeable?

How else would you wear this? (If you would wear it?) I felt it was so fruity that utilitarian jeans and boots would be it's only counterbalance. But I'm open to suggestions.

6 comments:

  1. I like the silhouette you created. hm, I might try this with a pair of khaki shorts and an army green tee for a springier (but still slightly utilitarian) look. Or, an eggplant jersey dress with a modern cut paired with a woven/webbed/braided brown belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cardigan! I think you are being a little hard on it, it looks like something you could totally find in stores today, like Anthro or UO. As for how to wear it, the boxy shape would go good with a slim pencil skirt, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, sometimes I fall irrationally in love with granny clothes. I'm convinced I can make them wearable and bring them home.
    Throw it over a cute yellow sun dress and I think you are in business.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the colours in the fruit. It kind of reminds me of something from the 1940s. I like it. I don't trust my own fashion sense so i won't reccommend anything. The colours (including the cream) suit you beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, I totally rejected that sweater when you found it but it looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making GG cast offs look chic, lady.
    Also, I saw this link and thought of your Woorijip dilemma: http://takeoutwithout.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.