2.09.2011

Hired Gun

I wore this to:
- work
- eat the blueplate breakfast special @ Curly's
- got to see this lady again
(*she sent a very charming stripper to her 10 year h.s. reunion as her - that's the video)


Non- (10-Year-Reunion) -Goer

002
dress/sweatshop retail
tights/maggies organics
satin ballet flats/sweatshop retail
pleather belt/brooklyn thrift store

Why do people go to their reunions? If you like people, aren't you in touch anyway? And if not, why would I want to pay for a special trip out of a morbid curiosity for a random sampling of people that were once forced into my life? (Some of them lovely, but still.) Do you have any good high school reunion stories?

I was going to talk about winter but if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

4 comments:

  1. that video is sooo awesome. what an ingeious idea. my school didn't have a 10yr high school reunion. I wouldn't have gone anyway. the only two people I want to see from high school are still two of my closest friends. I'm glad to have survived & escaped the train wreck that is high school (and suburbia).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is excellent!

    My graduating class had well over 800 students in it, so I probably wouldn't have even known more than 1/8th of them, let alone remembered anything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't go to mine....I AM in a different country to my school now but I wouldn't have gone anyway. And after seeing the photos, I am glad I didn't. Same ole same ole, except more make-up and glittery shiny dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My senior year of high school, I told people not to expect me at the reunion.

    It wasn't bitchy, it was just reality!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.