12.30.2010

The Sickness

This is the second morning I woke up utterly and completely sick. Tissues, OJ, zinc, tearing eyes. The works. I can't focus on anything without becoming narcoleptic.

Tiger Hunts Tissues
photo courtesy of prettyinprint

I'm trying to shape up by New Years Eve, lest it be a sad event. Luckily, we have tickets for a Brooklyn Soul NYE thing locally so hopefully I can make it. Last week my biggest worry about NYE was figuring out what to wear. Now it's...standing up.

I was planning to layer this dress:

dress

You may remember this dress when I wore it as a Halloween costume.

********************

I'm sure you've heard that NYC has been under some intense snow drifts. I actually walked 3 miles round-trip to do my food co-op shift on Monday night because I didn't realize the buses weren't running until I came upon cars, taxis and buses stranded at every other intersection and noticed none of the side streets were plowed. (It was on my return trip that I realized I wasn't feeling as robust as I normally do.)

Thank god for those Kors moto-rainboots and 2 pairs of socks. (I had on thermals, jeans and sweatpants over jeans 'til I got to my location. I do not mess around with being cold.)

12/26 storm

12/26 storm


Luckily I was well enough to shovel out the boys' feeding station on Monday before the cold hit me like a bag of bricks and there are tiny pawprints as evidence that at least one of them is still making it to food.

yay!

My boyfriend was nice enough to feed them for me this morning so my sick butt didn't need to leave the apartment. (Thank you!)

9 comments:

  1. awww, i hope you are feeling better and can enjoy your new years eve. that dress is adorable!

    I like that you don't mess around with being cold. It's a good way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you good health vibes. Also, my ma the acupuncturist prescribes ginger tea for colds (take an inch or so of sliced ginger root and simmer it in a bunch of water with 2-3 cinnamon sticks for 20 minutes. Drink with sweetner and some lemon juice.) Drink a lot of it and you'll feel better in no time.
    Also, you're a trooper- hoofing it in the snow to the co-op and back. Those kitty snow pawprints are way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to feeling better soon! Let the narcolepsy win! Rest up and lots of water and tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon!
    I had that will-I-be-able-to-stand-up illness problem NYE 2006. A physician friend recommended vodka, though Rad's ma's ginger tea seems a better bet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your illness subsides quickly. Don't push it on NYE if you aren't up to it. (sorry, I'm a mother and often think in maternal terms) Hurrah for the cats survival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you are sick - that snow looks INCREDIBLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOLE LOTTA Snow. I hope you feel better! Stay warm drink teas and cuddle up with the kitties. : )

    I also wanted to thank you for your comment - I'm feeling lots better. It'll be a quiet NYE but fun.

    I'm sure yours will be too! You WILL feel better.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no!! I hope you feel better soon, don't know how you guys do it?! I swear I feel one gust of wind and want to run back indoors and stay there. This snow looks epic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is a lot of snow! Hope you get well in time for NYE. I still haven't decided what to do for it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.