12.07.2010

Sequins Get Cold, Guys

Dressember the 3rd happened to be the same day as my work holiday party so I was wearing a dress anyway. Freebie! So...

I wore this to: work; attend holiday party; find a glass dish with the words "His Will Be Done" and a likeness of a priest on it on my way to meet up with the bf (you know I kept it, for sure)


Dressember Day 3


I tried to make it a "day look" by wearing this during the day. ("Day look" is the lamest phrase ever. Sorry, world.) It's backlit because I've yet to master the basics of lighting (or logic) but it's a velvet jacket (Score swap) and a denim girlfriend skirt (Launchpad swap).


Dressember Day 3


And had originally planned on red tights, until my coworker told me copper sequins and red tights would be the kiss of death. Or, at least, the kiss of a poorly dressed person.


Dressember Day 3

I actually picked up this dress when shopping with Rad @ Cohabitating Closet and G @ (Vegan)WhatIWore. And I've had that headband since a conference I went to last October! (I went to Chicago Diner with a few other conference-going vegans and we did a bit of shopping since there was a table wait.) I usually forget all about headbands but this one made me reconsider head adornment. Not that I want a rhinestoned florette on my head every day, either.

That's it for Dressember the 3rd.



7 comments:

  1. hmm I guess since I'm seeing it on screen and can't judge the copper shade in person- I have to say I love it with the red tights! Did you freeze with those icy sequins : )? It's a great holiday look.

    And you've got to love that you've got a kitteh admirer in that second to bottom picture ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress! It is stunning! I think both tights look great...but maybe the red are more cabaret/quirky and the black ones are more formal/black tie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that first dress. love your second outfit even more! oh and btw, you kinda remind me of zooey deschanel and katy perry:D

    xxxHanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dress! Sequins can definitely be a "day look" - now excuse me while I do a bit of sick in my mouth because that phrase is so stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha.
    well I LOVE the sequined dress and the "day look."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, ladies!

    Hanna C - thank you, those are very sweet comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loove sequin dresses and the red tights

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.