12.20.2010

Black Dress Parade - and I break Dressember for one day

There was a time in my life where I wished for a million black dresses so I could reach into my closet and pull out an entire outfit in my favorite color with ease. And lo, my wish has been granted.

Never in a million years did I think I had this many black dresses. But I do. And it is wonderful. This, my friends, is my uniform.


I mostly worked last week - work has been busy (because I've been in a bunch of meetings, which means the work-work comes later in the day) so I feel like I haven't been feeling particularly wistful to wear color or attempt to be adventurous.

Dressember 15th/I wore this to: work!

Dressember 14th
sweaterdress/h&m
belt/kimchi&blue via portland crossroads
(which I didn't wear during the day, to be honest)
navy maggies organics tights
hearts of darkness/cri de coeur boots


********************



Dressember 16th/I wore this to: work, work work

005
beanie/old navy
vintage black dress/some thrift store in nj
aa black tights
hearts of darkness/cri de coeur boots


********************



Dressember 17th/I wore this to: meetings/work; dinner at beau's apt

Dressember 17th
urban renewal swing jacket via beacons
black dress/gift
aa black tights
hearts of darkness/cri de coeur boots


********************



Dressember 18th/I wore this to:

- staff a feral cat/TNR information table at an adoption event (the event was cat, bunny and snake adoptions!)

- go to a holiday party where I got the best yankee swap gift ever (!) after getting: a lap desk, an infomercial exercise item, an illustrated Mad Men book (I know the world is all "Eeeee Mad Men!" but I have never seen it and don't want to) -- I will post what I ended up with later

001
j.crew button down via meshimar
sweatervest/thrift store
cheap monday jeans
otbt org canvas ashland boot


********************



Dressember 19th/I wore this to:

- staff a feral cat/TNR information table at an adoption event (the event was cat, bunny and snake adoptions!)

- go holiday shopping

005
'60s minidress/thrift store, tailored
delias 3/4 sleeve turtleneck
gray bklyn industries leggings
knee high socks
ON flats

2 comments:

  1. I especially like the mod dress and the swing coat. You're a Beacon's wizard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose a closet full of LBDs would make getting dressed very easy.
    Or for me, maybe very hard, since I'd have to start trying really hard to make them all look different.
    Not that it seems to be a problem for you. and I'm with rad - that swing coat is adorable.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.