12.07.2010

Bklyn Comics & Graphics - The Outfits

This past Saturday I was at the Brooklyn Comics & Graphics Festival -- both a curated marketplace and a series of panels.


Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Fest


I like comics aight (relatively less so than my beau, though) so I was interested in some of the panels and the tables. (I am not sure why but the example of the "spotting of blacks" in the How Nancy Is panel has been something I've been thinking about since I heard them talk about it. Go figure. Until that day Nancy comics hadn't interested me in the least.)

When I got there I was totally interested in something I did not expect. What everyone else was wearing. Typical? Perhaps. But I feel like comic-fans bring a little something-something to the table!

A sampling, for you:


Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Fest


Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Fest


Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Fest


Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Fest


Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Fest


I wore this to: go to the Bkyn Comics & Graphics Festival, as mentioned above, and to go to see Lisa Hanwalt's papier mache storefront window (below), a friend's friend's gallery show (see fish below) and eat at Papacito's for the first time ever {and this counts as Dressember the 4th}

Dressember Day 4
There is a hobbit-ness about this picture I enjoy.


Hanawalt Window

hanawalt window


hanawalt window


hanawalt window


Bubble-eye Goldfish @ gallery show

gallery show fish

6 comments:

  1. That orange dress is so cool! I've never been able to get into comics but I used to date a guy who drew them so I got exposed to some of it for a while. It's pretty amazing how vast the world of comics has become!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Future Lint that orange dress is awesome. I love the photos you took of the comic fan outfits.

    I'm not much into comics but like so,e graphic novels like the Daniel Clowes stuff. And Adrian Tomine. But I did go to Comic-con in San Diego a while back- the panels can be really interesting!

    The papier mache -reminds me of itchy and scratchy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you like Papacitos?? I was obsessed then had a bad experience but I think I'm ready to go back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange dress is amazing! I like it paired with black tights - it makes me want to be a bit braver about pairing black and orange.

    I wish I'd thought to do Dress-ember - I found today I have 52. It seems they reproduce when you don't wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ la fille - Adrian Tomine was there although I don't think I've read much. I would probably be more into graphic novels if I felt like I knew what to buy above and beyond Fun Home and Persepolis!

    @ Caitlin - I did really like it although it was a whole lotta Daiya! I got the quesedillas. I can see how you would burn out on it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, thanks to everyone re the nice comments about my dress!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.

{comment moderation is ON to avoid the horrendous amounts of spam Blogger keeps letting through!}