11.16.2010

(Unsponsored) Product Review: Soapwalla's Deoderant Cream

Thanks to a post on Re-Nest, I was inspired to buy this natural deoderant. Buying ineffective natural deoderant while harboring big hopes and dreams seems to be a long-term habit of mine. (Kiss My Face, Tom's of Maine, Crystal Rock, etc.) Every time I hope it will be different, but it isn't. Until now.


soapwalla deoderant cream

Length of test time: 2 weeks (reverting to regular deoderant a few times when I didn't have this on hand). I thought the test length would be important since your body can become used to most natural deoderants and the result is that they stop working (*cough* Kiss My Face *cough*).


Pros:

  1. It smells good going on; "real" good, not fake baby powder good
  2. It's vegan
  3. It's less likely to give you Alzheimers (depending on the aluminium research you believe)
  4. 2 oz. is actually a lot more than you think
  5. A little goes a long way
  6. I didn't experience a need for re-application
  7. Applying a cream is kind of pleasant
  8. It works!

Cons:
  1. You need to let it absorb before putting on clothes
  2. Don't over-apply! Excess will come off on your shirts if you do
  3. I ruined 2 shirts before I realized #1 and #2
  4. It's not an antipersperant
  5. If you don't want to apply with your fingers, you'll need to figure something out
  6. Not in a drugstore (yet!); must do mail order

The real test will be to use it during summer months but, to be fair, the first few days I tried this the heat was crankin' in my office at work and we have had some warmer days in the past 2 weeks. And it's been working very well so far.

I would absolutely recommend this product if you're looking for a natural vegan deoderant.

For full disclosure, I purchased the product on my own and am writing an unbiased review to help others who want feedback on natural, vegan products.

Hit me up in the comments if you have questions.

8 comments:

  1. Ooo laaaa, i might have to come back to you on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKAY Kiss my Face - I had that same problem! And, Toms always felt sticky - I don't know it just didn't work- I started using Nature de France the French Clay stuff. But I'm kind of a sucker for trying new products.

    What does it smell like? is it strong?

    I never would have thought of deo in creme form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, it's funny because the other day I totally forgot to put out deodorant when I went to work. It was like a freakin commercial, I had to put lotion that someone left in a desk. It was horrible. Deodorant is just as annoying as periods in my opinion :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get this at the coop? The last deodorant I tried gave me a horrible rash. It only happened, like, four times out of the month I used it but that was four times too many so I stopped using it and am looking for something new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, yeah that last one was me not sure why it says anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds good! I love the lovely little canister it comes in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Allisun - no, I got it via Etsy! Unfortunately the coop doesn't have it. (Yet?)

    @LaFille - it's peppermint, lavender and tea tree oil (lavender is my least favorite but you can't tell it's in there). It smells strong upon application but it fades pretty quickly. YES, Tom's was sticky and I swear dried with this weird film. Bleah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Allisun - Soapwalla emailed me and said she tried to distribute it via the coop but they said they only work with larger distributors. I'm guessing we can add it to the PRODUCT REQUEST binder though (by the entrance desk) bc she is LOCAL and they do deal with local folks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.