8.20.2010

iphone outfit pictures; bikes

It's been a while since I bothered posting outfit pictures. My camera battery needs recharging and remembering to do that kind of thing is difficult. So instead you have iphone pictures.

I feel kind of bad laying these crappy pictures on you but I feel like I need photographic proof that:

a) I haven't purchased anything new (aside from my Portland transgressions)
b) I'm attempting to wear crap I don't normally wear


I wore this to: work! pet Orko!

Orko in the kitchen with a pipe
shirt/lark and wolf via tokyo joe
skirt/aa
flats/payless



I wore this to: try to learn how to ride my bike (Kate Jackson) in Prospect Park; eat dinner with bf; be limp-wristed

Learning to ride a bike
shirt/aa wholesale
shorts/tailored old navy capris ("crappies")
flats/payless
necklace/craftyfolk


necklace detail:


BIKES:

Kate Jackson
Kate Jackson, the bike

In case you're wondering, I'm not yet a successful biker. I still have a lot of issues steering, and looking behind me while simultaneously riding the bike. I passed a lot of 8 year-olds on the path that could, though.

I did, however, successfully ride the length of the Prospect Park bike lane without hitting anything or falling over. And now I have bike lights for evening riding which makes me sound like a successful bike-rider. My headlight will burn your retinas out; it's major.

My biking goal: bike around the Prospect Park loop, making it up the hill without having to walk my bike and not hit anyone or endanger anyone with my erratic steering. A tall order.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your biking....biker. The top you are wearing in the first photo - i love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My boyfriend hates that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Than necklace is amazing! Good luck with the bike. My boyfriend is trying to get me to do it, but I haven't ridden in about 15 years. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for bicycles! the pedaling/steering/looking behind you gets easier—but it's still not the easiest thing in the world.

    i love both of these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first both your outfits are trés adorable and 2nd if I can bike around Toronto and not hurt myself or someone else I have total faith you get the hang of biking too. I'm a total spaz so if I can do it then anyone can, lol. My trick is to stick to the side roads as much as I can. Good-luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nice outfit comments and also the cycling reassurance! I am hoping I will be doing as well as y'all very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.