8.17.2010

Instantly Gratified

Remember when I promised I would read People's History by my birthday and never announced success? I had unsuccess, or (in layman's terms) "massive fail".

I thought it'd be a shoe-in. Using my train rides to read, knocking out the 600+ pp in no time. What happened? I played Angry Birds on my iphone every day until I completed all the levels and then forgot about the book? (Question mark's optional as this is what most certainly happened.)

My only defense is in thriftiness - Angry Birds is only $1!

Now I'm going home to eat chocolate and Sweet & Sarah (vegan) marshmallows. (That's them, on top of the book I never finished.) Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.