6.14.2010

"The power of voodoo, who do?, you do"

Guys, I know a lot of you are participating in Already Pretty's Blackout and while I think it's an interesting idea, I'm pretty sure you guys know I had absolutely zero intent to participate. I love black. Black has been good to me since my hair-metal years. It's my favorite, ever and I'm no backstabber!

But you must have used some weird blog-mindpower on me because I willingly walked out of the house with tan as my neutral? WTF. I only noticed it when I uploaded the picture. Yeah, that's right. I had to wear sunglasses to avoid any more weird hypnosis. [Cue "The power of voodoo, who do?, you do!" of Magic Dance from Labyrinth with Mr. Bowie]

I wore this to: work, some other stuff

sunglasses/Betsey Johnson, new @ stoop sale
shirt/thrift
skirt/thrifted maxi & tailored
shoes/vintage, Etsy

You can see the skirt pockets and buttons better here:


I hope you guys had a great weekend. I went to Figment on Governor's Island on Saturday (my boyfriend was doing a multimedia thing) and played a round of Figment minigolf. Back in Brooklyn, we caught about 5 minutes of the Brooklyn Pride Parade and went to my friends' "Gay Census Day Party" (i.e. pride party but they also had some pretty funny mock gay census forms, too).

Sunday I laid low and stayed around town so I could knock out some ancient email. What I like about my neighborhood is that I ran into 4 people to chat with in a 5 block radius, on my way to get coffee, feed the feral cats and return home. Go, neighborhood! I am a chatty person. If I can't chat, I start to slowly die inside. I live to talk. Talk to live.

Anyway, tell me about your awesome weekends. Especially if you're in NYC and I can steal your plans for my summer, too.


Bonus:

Oh, and if you are a David Bowie/Labyrinth fan, you might like this scene reenactment where Jareth the Goblin King and Sarah are played by the same man.

It's true I laughed as hard at this as I did at Tim & Eric's Humpers.

6 comments:

  1. I love the look! I am a huge fan of plaid. I want to go home and watch that movie now, I put that song on a mix CD that I brought to a perty over the weekend, it was great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit. You do look good in khaki and colors. (I found myself struggling with the black out after a few days).
    Your weekend sounds like fun. I slaved over a manuscript, watched the kitten, and spent time feeling hot in front of a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt! The side pockets are very cute! Re-watched Labyrinth on Netflix last year and it reminded me so much of my youth! Labyrinth and Never Ending Story were my childhood movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Labyrinth, happy childhood memories. That outfit is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.