12.03.2009

Reverse Flattery: Chanel Dress

I know I said I was going to troll my flickr favorites for outfits to steal but I've had some family health emergencies (2 human family members and 2 feline family members - believe it or not!) so I haven't had much time to look at my closet. I am too busy marveling at my horrible November!

However, via Quirky Fille's blog post here, I did run into a Chanel dress that looks exactly like a vintage dress I bought off Ebay several years ago. I got the dress hemmed (there were pearls on the bottom hemline which I had disappeared) and it came with a very similar brooch.


The picture from her blog:


And my dress
(back in 2007, when I used to post to StyleDiary):
It's darker in person. This picture is picking up a lot of white.

I was going to wear this dress to our work holiday party this year but instead I'll be in another state, visiting my family member post-surgery. Ah well. I hate work holiday parties anyway.

3 comments:

  1. :(
    Hope all is well for the fams soon.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the family emergencies. Hope things start going better for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Everyone's hanging in there and on the road to recovery - some longer than others!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Please don't apologize for writing a lot - I like long thoughtful comments so bring on the "wall o' text" if you wish and have no shame.

Short comments are, of course, also always welcome.